- A finite difference model (like ROMS) is called terrain following if the number of vertical levels is fixed and their relative position varies with the bathymetry
- The stability of such models depends, among many other things, on the roughness of the bathymetry
- The program availabe here gives a method for finding the bathymetry closest to the real bathymetry while satisfying to the roughness factor constraint.
- The manual is available here.
- The matlab scripts with some examples are available here.
- The linear programs are solved using the program lp_solve.
- Feel free to send your comments to email@example.com. Really, user inputs is always invaluable.